Wednesday 31 October 2012

31st October, Laval

Word of the Blog: Barres de chocolat.  This means a six pack, so I suspect it's slang. Used by my boss' daughter to describe a topless guy in a music video. But hey, he was hot.

Happy Halloween everyone! If you are going out trick or treating or going to a party, have an amazing time!

I won't be, as I'm working tonight, speaking English and watching Erin Brockvitch with 19 French teenagers. Watching films with the teenagers in the evenings during the stages is one the perks of my job, so far I've watched Slumdog Millionaire, EdTV and The Boat that Rocked (or, as they call it in France: Good Morning England, which I think is a far betetr title). The latter happens to be one of my favourite films, but I did feel like a bit of an idiot, as I've seen the film so many times, I started laughing before the funny bits happend, getting me more than one weird look.

On the down side, I do have to watch Step Up (or Sexy Dance as it's known in France) which I think is one of the most annoying films ever. But hey, it could be worse. I could have to watch Never Say Never, the film about Justin Bieber. On second thoughts, I wouldn't watch it even if it was part of my job. I'd "accidently" break it into tiny pieces so no one would ever have to undergo such torture. Or, even worse, I could be forced to watch Twilight. Without a bottle of vodka/wine. *Shudder* 

However, it's a shame we are not doing anything for Halloween here. The stage is taking place in a huge old house, with would make an amazing haunted house. Especially as there's a suit of armour on the stairs which freaks me out in the daytime, and would absoutely terrify me in the dark with scary music playing.

The stage has taught me one thing though. I'm probably not going to be a teacher in later life. Or least, definitely not a P.E. teacher (at this point, I'd like my mother and school friends to stop laughing. I know a girl who did everything she could to not be in the team at school is unlikely to a sports teacher, but you never know). My throat aches from getting said teenagers to play tennis/ a board game according to the rules. That's only 19. If I had to teach in a state school class of about 30 kids, I wouldn't have a voice left by the end of the day.

But the boss made my day by buying me a bar of dark chocolate! Which given the word of the blog, makes me laugh everytime I look at it.

Small things, small minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment